Let me first say that I absolutely adore and love my Mom. She is one of my best friends. However, there are times when she makes me want to pull my hair out! This is purely me venting! If you don't want to hear me be bitchy, do not proceed!
As a child, I frequently got sick with my asthma and sinus infections. When I would be up during the night coughing, she would yell at me and tell me I needed to stop coughing. And, "clearly", if I kept coughing, then it was my fault that I wasn't doing enough to make it stop.
About a month and a half ago, my knee began hurting when I was at the gym. When I told my Mom this, she refused to even discuss the subject and told my Dad "there's always something wrong with her". This alone, made me quite frustrated. Then I began doing physical therapy, and she wouldn't discuss that except to tell me that I was "too pushy" and needed to do what I was told (this in response to me saying that my physical therapy was too easy). Now, after a month of PT, and no improvement (actually it is worse), my physical therapist wants me to be seen by an ortho doc. When I told my mother that I had scheduled and appt, her first response was "Your first question should be: How much is it going to cost to have tests done?" Granted, I do not have an endless supply of income, and I intend to ask this question at some point, but it will not be my first question. Later on in the discussion, she told me that I can't afford to pay for any tests, and I shouldn't have any done. ARGGHH! Where is the sympathy? I'm almost 25, and can't even jog across the busy street to get to work because my knee hurts. I think I'm a bit young to be drastically limiting my activities, and in order to fix the problem, I need to have the tests to determine what the problem is. Apparently my Mom would rather that I remain in pain (cause I must be exaggerating) than take care of myself and get better. I'm sorry, I would much prefer that I never got hurt in the first place, but I am certainly not just going to ignore the problem.
Ok, enough venting for now. Just wish my mother was a bit more reasonable when it came to sickness/injury.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment