Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Life as a Movie

Apparently this has been around a while, but a friend just sent it to me, so I thought I would try it. If they made a movie about the wonderful life of Sarah, what would be on the soundtrack?

Here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend your cool...THIS CAN BE VERY VERY CREEPY

Opening Credits:
Kenny Chesney – Never Wanted Nothing More
(Not a bad start!)

Waking Up:
Pedro Capo – Esta Noche
(seems a little backwards)

First Day At School:
Bruce Springsteen – None But The Brave
(I’m sure Bruce wasn’t referring to kindergarten when he wrote this song, but I guess it’s good to be brave)

Falling In Love:
Burlap to Cashmere - Divorce
(pretty sure this is NOT a good sign)

Fight Song:
Mick Jagger – Visions of Paradise
(not sure what to say about this one)

Breaking Up:
Hot Chocolate – You Sexy Thing
(can I switch the falling in love and breaking up songs?)

Prom:
The Eagles – Witchy Woman
(I suppose I could be described as “Witchy”)

Life:
Crisantes – Nuevo Mundo
(how did I get two songs in Spanish?)

Mental Breakdown:
Bruce Springsteen – Reno
(good to know my mental breakdown will be in my former town and revolve around a prostitute)

Driving:
Eminem – Sing for the Moment
(hmmm. . .)

Flashback:
Hot Apple Pie – Easy Does It
(About taking it slow after a lost relationship)

Wedding:
Blake Shelton – Goodbye Time
(once again, it seems that all my relationships are a little screwed up)

Birth of Child:
Billy Joel – Matter of Trust
(does anyone really trust me with a baby?)

Final Battle:
Billy Joel – My Life
(a second Billy Joel song, but seems to fit a bit better than the first)

Death Scene:
Bob Dylan – Not Dark Yet
(if I’m dying, it will be dark soon!)

Funeral Song:
Public Enemy – Give it Up
(rap at my funeral. Cool.)

End Credit:
Dierks Bentley – Every Mile a Memory
(a fitting end to my story)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're now the 3rd person I know who has even heard of Burlap to Cashmere (the other is the person who introduced them to me). Now I've got "Digigee Digigee Dime Dime Digigee Digigee Dime" running through my head.